The United States of America is one of the most armed countries in the world. And it’s not just about equipping military units: almost 315 million U.S. citizens account for about 270 million civilian weapons. That is, pistols, shotguns and assault rifles are owned by an average of 89 out of 100 people there, and the popularity of weapons in America surpasses even cars.
Weapons are the most important element of the U.S. economy: at the beginning of January 2013, the Bloomberg agency found out that Washington sent 49 million dollars in subsidies to gunsmiths in five years.
Sales of weapons in the U.S. are regulated, but the severity of this regulation is different and depends on the specific state.According to How Stuff Works, which refers to the U.S. Department of Justice, about 58 percent of the country’s residents own pistols and revolvers. The National Shooting Sports Foundation, in turn, estimates sales of short-barreled weapons at about thirty percent of the U.S. arms market. Long-barrelled weapons and ammunition account for another third.
It is difficult to name a single leader among short-barrelled weapons in the United States. According to a survey conducted on the USA Carry portal, the most popular among Americans are Ruger LCP, Glock 19, 23, 26 and 27 pistols, as well as various versions of the army pistol Colt M1911A1. Among revolvers, the hottest are Smith & Wesson models.
Americans possess around 270 million weapons, which gives America the most noteworthy pace of firearm proprietorship with, 89 firearms for every 100 individuals. These statistics make firearm dealers one of the most popular dealers. Whether it be for shooting sports or defensive purposes, firearms ownership is growing exponentially. Many citizens are considering purchasing their first firearm. There is no required firearms registration in the United States of America.
To purchase a handgun you usually need these things:
- A current, a valid state-issued form of identification such as a driver’s license
- EITHER a Purchase Permit obtained from the Sheriff’s Office in your county OR a Concealed Carry Handgun permit (CCH).
To get a Purchase Permit (usually good for the purchase of ONE handgun), contact your local Sheriff’s Office (or check their website) for details. Depending on the county in which you live this process (which includes a background check) may take several days to several weeks.
As for the dealerships, you should browse all in your area and choose the one that suits you most. For example, Runner Runner which is a McKinney Texas AR-15 manufacturer and retailer was one of a reputable dealership. However, now things are not going well.
The AR-15 is designed for a 5.56 x 45 mm cartridge and is a standard police weapon. The rifle is based on AR-10 as a promising assault rifle for US Army. It is manufactured using aluminum alloys and plastic. In the early 1960s, the AR-15 automatic rifle was adopted by the US Army as the M16 rifle.
After 1963, the AR-15 rifle was owned by Colt’s Manufacturing Company and is exclusively a self-propelled rifle. AR-15 rifles are manufactured by other manufacturers but under other brand names.
- ArmaLite M15 – family of rifles from company ArmaLite under various calibers.
- Barrett REC7 – a variant with a short stroke of the piston, under cartridges of 5,56 mm and 6,8×43 mm Remington SPC.
- Bushmaster MOE, XM15 – M16/M4 versions from Bushmaster Firearms International.
- Cobb MCR – small arms complex, developed based on M16 by Cobb for SOCOM SCAR competition.
- CAR-15 – a family of submachine guns developed by Colt’s Manufacturing Company. Originally it consisted of many types of weapons, today the name “CAR-15” is used for carbines and small submachine guns.
- Colt AR-15A2 HBAR Sporter is a civilian self-propelled rifle with a thickened barrel.
- Colt LE6920 – a line of direct gas-operated assault rifles from Colt’s Manufacturing Company.
- Colt LE6940 – a range of direct gas action assault rifles from Colt’s Manufacturing Company.
- Colt M4 – shortened version M16A2, with smaller barrel (368 mm) and reinforced muzzle brake, telescopic folding butt.
- Colt M4A1 – version of the M4 rifle, with continuous bursts of fire.
However, US company Colt Defense decided to suspend the production of AR-15 semi-automatic rifles for sale to private individuals.
The company explained its decision by the fact that there is a wide choice of modern sports rifles on the market. As it is said in the statement of Colt Defense, now modern rifles are produced in excessive quantity. As the company explained, at the moment the volumes of contracts with military and police provide full capacity utilization of Colt Defense for the production of AR-15 rifles.
At the same time, the company once again declared its commitment to the right of citizens to carry weapons, enshrined in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution.
Maybe, this was the main reason why the owner of Runner Runner closed up shop in the dead of night. That same company also had some batches of lowers a couple of years back that were grossly out of spec. However, people are satisfied with their lowers, but the Runner Runner brand hasn’t gained much popularity among the customers.
Runner Runner Guns’ used to offer Complete 9mm AR-15 Pistol Lower Receiver. This billet AR-15 Lower features Thor’s Hammer on the side. Thor’s Hammer is well known throughout Viking history as being the most powerful weapon known to mankind. It has Thor’s Hammer Logo. The AR-15 is manufactured from a solid block of Aircraft Grade 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum. It also has a broached magazine well with drop-free design with a Beveled Bottom Lip for the easy dropping of magazines
This item is compatible with standard AR-15 components and accepts Glock magazines and Magpul Glock magazines.
However, now it seems that Runner Runner is out of business, their site is not working and so is their phone number. The dealer has left many unsatisfied customers with no refund and complaints.